Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday

CRAZY! That pretty much sums up this semester for me. I feel like almost every minute has to be scheduled out to keep my head floating above water. Sink or swim. That's what I'm dealing with, but pretty much everyone is.

Even though this semester has me so stressed, I'm so grateful that I've been able to follow through on promptings I've had for this last year of my undergraduate (can I just say I love love love saying this is my last semester before I'm a college grad!).

I felt prompted to interview to be the director of a program called Storytellers and I got it. I haven't loved every aspect of the job, but I have learned so much about myself. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself as a leader or even as a people person, but I've gained so much experience in both those areas. I've made a ton of mistakes, but I've learned from them and hopefully I'll have more confidence in myself after this.

I know I am in the right major. I love speech therapy. I love that I get to practice speech therapy with a client this semester. Our first session was today and I almost wet my pants I was so nervous! I made a lot of mistakes to, but I enjoyed the session and again get to improve by learning from those mistakes.

This post should be entitled "Hello, my name is Tara and I screw up all of the time." But I know a very loving Heavenly Father has allowed me to have experiences that help me grow. I know that because of his son, Jesus Christ, I can be forgiven of my mistakes and continually improve.

So bring it on semester!

No comments: