Monday, October 11, 2010

Focus

I am having a very hard time wanting to focus right now.

I am sitting at work in a not very busy lab and have the ability to be getting ahead in some classes, but of course...I keep thinking I can do that later, I have plenty of time later, but really, when do I ever have time later!

I think I need to fix this problem before it gets out of hand. Gah!

One thing that has been on my mind though is what an awesome family I have. I really can't say it enough! I feel like I don't tell them enough how grateful I am for them. I got to be in the temple with most of my family members on Saturday and it was the most incredible experience knowing that I get to be with them forever! They have been so great to put up with me recently terrible communication skills and lack of showing how much I appreciate everything they do!

My parents are incredible! They have given me so much! My dad gave me a last father's blessing yesterday before I get married and I don't think I told him how much that meant to me. My dad is a spiritual giant! I look up to him so much and know that I found my own testimony by following his example. My mom is a saint! She has worked so hard to make my wedding day special and never stops being there to help me out when I stress or panic or freak out. My mom is such a great example to me of faith and righteous living. I love my parents very very much:)

I am very thankful for the Beckert family for how they have taken me in as one of their own. They are some of the most genuine, kind, hilarious people I have met. I love being able to spend time with them and I am so grateful that I get to be a part of their family!

Family is wonderful! I have no doubt in my mind that we are placed in families for a reason. I couldn't survive without mine!

I am very excited to get to start my own family unit in only 5 days!

YAY!

4 comments:

lindsey hill said...

I think you have a very good reason to be having a hard time focusing!!!!! Can't wait to see you on thursday night!!!

Dimicks said...

It was so special to be in the temple with family. I too am grateful for the wonderful family we have, and especially my darling cousin, soon to be Tara Beckert!

Chelsea said...

I was actually thinking about you getting hitched just this morning. I got really excited for you. Hope the day goes splendidly!

Catherine said...

Tara! I'm really SO excited for you and I hope you have the best day of your life tomorrow! Love ya!